Types of Orangery Ventilation, Heating and Cooling Systems
Conservatory /orangery ventilation is very important if you want to maintain a comfortable environment. As heat rises, it is important to have some form of ventilation in the conservatory / orangery and one or more opening roof vents.
These can be:
· Manual Conservatory Roof Vents
· Electric Conservatory Roof Vents
· Electric Roof vents with Climate Control and Rain Sensor
You have options such as:
· Double Glazed Windows – Trickle Vents
· Natural Window Ventilation Systems
· Single Sided Window Ventilation
· Single Sided Double Opening Window Ventilation
· Sound Absorbing Ventilation
· Eaves Flow Ventilation system
A ceiling fan is also a good option as it can aid conservatory airciculation. In the summer a fan can provide a down draught that will cool the conservatory and during winters by reversing the direction of the fan it can re-circulate warm air trapped at the top downwards. Extractor fans can be used in the summers as these will throw out the warm air inside the conservatory.
Using your conservatory / orangery through the winter requires a proper heating system to keep the temperatures comfortable. Here are the conservatory heating options:
· Central heating
· Underfloor heating
· Electric heating
· Air conditioning
· Oil Heaters
· Fan Heaters for Conservatories
Sometimes low wall-mounted air conditioners make the best choice for cooling a conservatory. You also have the normal wall-mounted options if your conservatory has a high-level wall. These are usually the cheaper option. Air conditioners can be used all year round for either heating or cooling the space.
Browse through for more information on the other aspects of a conservatory / orangery ventilation.